• Happy Earth Day! Go enjoy the trash fashion show in the Quad during lunch.

Time to Make SGA Elections Matter

Patrick Peng, Staff Writer
May 1, 2012
Filed under Opinion

DISCLAIMER: I bear no ill will toward any of our wonderful SGA or class officers. I'm just ranting. Opinions presented in this piece are the work of the writer alone and do not necessarily represent the views of Ka Leo Staff. Don't hurt me. A lot of people say that student elections in high... Read More »

College Spotlight: University of Southern California

Patrick Peng, Staff Writer
March 20, 2012
Filed under Features, Top Stories

The University of Southern California, commonly known as USC, is a private, coeducational university located on 301 acres near downtown Los Angeles, California. Founded in 1880, it is the oldest private research university in California. It is widely known for its excellent academic departments as well... Read More »

College Spotlight: University of Hawaii at Manoa

Patrick Peng, Staff Writer
January 12, 2012
Filed under Features

The University of Hawaii at Manoa is the flagship campus of the public University of Hawaii system. It occupies 320 acres  in Honolulu's Manoa neighborhood, about one mile from Ala Moana and Waikiki. It's a fairly large university, enrolling 20,337 students of which 13,912 are undergraduates. Despite... Read More »

College Is My Hobby: “Size Matters”

College Is My Hobby: “Size Matters”

Patrick Peng, Staff Writer
September 26, 2011
Filed under Features

Another factor that one must consider when choosing colleges is the student population. Some schools are huge, with student populations higher than the population of Hilo. Other schools are on the small side, with only a few thousand students. However, it is difficult to define precisely what "big" and... Read More »

College Is My Hobby: “Public or Private?”

Patrick Peng, Staff Writer
September 8, 2011
Filed under Features

When deciding to apply to college, it is important to consider what one wants in a school. All colleges are either public or private. This classification depends on where the college gets its funding. Although either type can offer a quality education, there are several key differences between the two. Private... Read More »

Students React to School Renovation

Patrick Peng, Staff Writer
September 5, 2011
Filed under News

It’s hard to ignore the construction happening on campus. School-wide renovations started last year and have been going strong ever since, with workers here almost every day. Many students had favorable views of the renovation work, according to a recent Ka Leo Facebook poll. Rochelle Acasio, a senior,... Read More »